The Maui Coast is an Eco-Friendly Hotel
Maui Coast Hotel, Kihei's Premier Full Service hotel, is an Eco-Friendly hotel focusing on solar energy and green living emphasizing the importance of evironmental preservation.
Our solar array is expected to reduce electric costs by 30% generating enough energy annually. Completion of this 426KW solar array, was designed and installed in partnerhsip with Rising Sun Solar & Electric, based out of Haiku, Maui. The output from the new high-efficiency system is expected to offset approoximately 366,370 kWh of electricity each year, which translates to enough energy to power 115 homes. In addition to lowering the hotel's monthly energy bills, the solar system will decrease greenhouse gas emissions of carbon dioxide annually, equivalent to the amount captured by 363 acres of trees. Our system maximizes our solar potential without requiring the addition of any infrastructure, which covers an estimated 30,000 square-feet of space. We were able to get the most out of the design by utilizing our Hotel's pitched tile roofs, flat upper tub roofs and a re-purposed tennis court.
In addition to our High-Efficiency Solar Power System, we are proud to participate in a wealth of green practices, a few of which are listed below:
- 100% Non-Smoking Guest Rooms
- Recycle bins throughout facility
- Environmentally friendly wall dispenser for toilitries
- Conserve Water Program – "Save our Planet" tent cards displayed in each guest room.
- Bicycles provided to guests for public transporation
- Use of reuseable items such as glass mugs instead of plastic
- Guest Confirmation Letters and Internal Communication sent electronically limiting paper usage
- Use of Environmentally Friendly Cleaners and Sanitizers